The Laurens County Hospital opened in Laurens in 1911. To serve the Clinton area, the Hays Hospital was built in 1918. The facility burned in the 1920s and was rebuilt. A new two-story general hospital was erected in 1936. In 1962, the Bailey Memorial Hospital in Clinton came to fruition. In July of 1981, the boards of both hospitals approved a petition to merge into a single hospital district. The entire health service system then became known as the Laurens County Health Care System. On March 4, 1988, the Laurens County Hospital held its official groundbreaking ceremony at the new hospital site. After two years of construction, the hospital opened in November of 1989. The Laurens County Health Care System has sustained many changes over the last 18 years. We have grown into a hospital that not only cares for the sick, but also leads the community with outreach programs and services.